Consolidating and building on the foundations established in the Junior Primary years and becoming increasingly independent learners are some of the goals for students in Years 3 and 4. A range of new experiences and responsibilities help to foster such development.
Students in Years 3 and 4 receive a minimum of 20 minutes homework for 4 nights of the week. They fill out a log for their home reading and usually have other tasks in the areas of spelling, mathematics or general studies to complete.
Year 3 and 4 Annual Highlights
- Music Showcase – Music concert with class and optional individual performances.
- Primary Production – Bi-annual production involving all Primary students.
- Excursions related to learning of General Studies topics.
- Book Week Activities – Group work across the Primary school, costume parade.
- 2 day/3 night Camp – Usually related to the General Studies topic, students have opportunity for learning outside the classroom and relating to each other and their teachers in a different context.
- House Athletics – Years 3 and 4 join with all MDCS students up to Year 11 to complete in Athletics events, earning points for their ‘House’.
- Interschool Athletics – Representing MDCS, our students compete against other Christian Schools in a friendly Athletics carnival at Knox.
- Swimming Program – Students attend an intensive swimming program at Monbulk Aquatic Centre as part of the PE Curriculum.